I think there is only so much stress (topped with sleep deprivation) you can take before everything becomes funny. We've been having sleep issues with both babies this week, and at one point I finally lost it and was hysterical. I literally thought about getting out the video camera to capture the events that were making me so crazy. If I didn't have to walk past their bedrooms, which would cause even more mayhem if they saw me or heard my ever so slight footsteps, I would've definitely taped this moment in our household. I would've caught on film the mound of dirty laundry toppling as high as our dresser, baskets of clean laundry piled next to each other on the bed along with the lovely noise in the background of two screaming children who just wouldn't give in and go to sleep. I had not had more than two consecutive hours of sleep in about a week (and when I was sleeping, my ears never rested since I was attempting to stay alert to jump to a bedside if someone woke crying as to not wake the other one up.) I would title this home video as "Birth Control" and keep it on file for the teenage years in my children's' lives. Better yet, I would've posted it on YouTube to help other teenagers make the right decision (and some young married couples too!). I love my children and it's only this love that's getting me through this frustrating time. Well, love and the oversized coffee mug, filled to the brim, that my mom got me for Mother's Day. The mug reads, "Babies have a wonderful way of teaching you how little sleep you really need." I laugh inside when a childless person complains of only getting four or six hours of sleep. If they could only come experience our house this week with all that's going on with the kids on top of Jon staying up all night studying for a test. "I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me."
Thursday, January 29, 2009
"Babies have a wonderful way of teaching you how little sleep you really need."
Posted by
Kristi
at
9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Bless your heart I do remember those nights/days like that. Just realize it does get better. Eventually they will sleep, and even go to school! School is wonderful. I love my kids but that is such a great thing! some time to myself!!
Post a Comment