Thursday, July 2, 2009

Daddy Date


Waiting for Daddy...




Flowers for Mae

Mae had her first date last night...with her Daddy! She was so excited all day waiting for Jon to come home from work and pick her up for their special time together. She had seen the two of us go on a date last week and she couldn't wait to have Daddy all to herself this time around. While getting dressed for the evening affair, she chose her outfit, shoes, bracelet and purse all by herself. Of course with the shoes she choose she had to take a pair of socks in her purse to wear on the playground. She even insisted that she wear a bow in her hair for the special occasion. I don't really know how she knew to do all of that on her own...but she did! She has really been wanting me to take her picture A LOT lately, so this was a perfect opportunity for a model photo shoot. I could literally see her self-esteem rising...even more so when Daddy brought home flowers for the beginning of their date together. Mae wanted "chicky 'n fries" from McDonald's and Jon went all out including apple juice and ice cream. They were gone for TWO hours and had a great time. It will have to become a monthly ritual for the two of them to get away together and have their special time. Jon is a great role model for what she should look for in a husband and father to her own children. I try not to think about that too much, but sometimes I just can't help it! Now, tomorrow night it's my turn to go out with Jon again. We're trying to go out once a week together on a date by ourselves. It's a little challenging to find babysitters and a block of time every week, but the time we spend together is very rewarding! I'm planning to take Mae out to pick blueberries one morning, just the two of us. Also, before we head to the beach Mae and I will go for pedicures and haircuts! She also LOVES to shoe shop so that will be fun in the fall when we have to shop for shoes again. I'm not sure how Nate will want to spend his special time with Mommy and Daddy, we'll just have to wait and see!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio