On Friday Mae and I were able to share a special day together. Jon and I had a lot on our agenda for Friday so it worked best for us to split up - Jon took Nate to Lowe's to get supplies to finish up the hall bathroom and I took Mae to a consignment sale at her preschool. We all met up for lunch at the local pizza place then headed home for naps. I woke Mae up early from her nap and told her she was going "bye, bye" with Mommy. She perked right up and threw her paci and blanket down in her bed - she was ready to go! We went downtown (to Athens) to get our haircut at a salon located in the heart of downtown in one of the second floor lofts on college avenue. Mae's kindermusik teacher also cuts hair there and she always does a great job (with Mae's hair and mine). I'm glad I scheduled our appointments together because my haircut ended up being quite drastic and I'm not sure how Mae would've handled it had she not seen the step-by-step process. After the initial "gotta get used to the situation" and going through the "traumatic" experience of putting the drape on for her own haircut (if you know Mae, you know what I'm talking about here - she's leery of anything out of the ordinary), Mae had a great time. She started dancing to the music that was playing, talking to me while Holly was cutting my hair, and welcoming strangers' compliments on her new 'do. After most of hair that was on my head when I walked in the salon was now on the floor, Holly asked Mae what she thought and Mae just stared. Holly took initiative to tell Mae, "Tell mommy, 'You're so pretty, Mommy.' " Three days later Mae is still telling me, "So pretty, Mommy." as she touches my chin length hair.
After the haircut we walked up to the end of the block and got a cookie at the special downtown cookie place (I can't remember the name) but it was yummy! We got a table just for two by the window and Mae just giggled and grinned the whole time. This was our first outing, just the two of us, in a really long time. In fact, this might have just been our first true "Mommy and Mae Day" outing. She's still talking about that day and I don't think either one of us wants to forget it.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Mommy and Mae Day
Posted by
Kristi
at
8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Sounds like a lovely day! Can't wait to see the new pics:)
Julie Wright
Post a Comment